2/5/13

roasted cauliflower

If you haven't noticed yet, we are big cauliflower lovers in our house. We are always looking for new ways to cook it. So when I saw a photo on instagram of my dear friend's roasted cauliflower dinner, I knew I had to try it-- that night in fact! And then again tonight. We obviously are hooked. Try it, and you too will be :]

Directions:
Rinse and cut head of cauliflower into pieces. Toss the cauliflower in a mixture of about 1/4 cup of Tastefully Simple's dried tomato garlic pesto mix, 1/3 cup of water, 3tbsp flour, some olive oil, and then eyeballed some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake it on 375F for about 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!

**The best part-- you can season it however you wish, so feel free to switch it up and add your favorite seasoning. Life doesn't get any better. Neither does dinner.

Thanks VP for the inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man I love cauliflower, especially roasted. This recipe sounds great. I will try it when it gets a bit cooler. My favourite cauliflower recipe is a tandoori roasted whole cauliflower with heaps of yoghourt xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish my fam liked cauliflower more, its one of my fav's. they eat almost every other veggie but cauliflower? i dont get it. this looks really good!
    im following your fun blog- (i love the name of it!)
    i would love to invite you over to enter the 12 months of free advertising giveaway from 30 bloggers.
    its my feb 2nd post or you can see a link at the bottom of todays post.
    come on over and enter and have a really awesome week-end!
    kendra
    www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime dear friend! I recently made buffalo cauliflower bites! It was delish plus the cauliflower helped minimize the acidity of the hot sauce for hubby's reflux. We used the the whole head. Have you tried the Cauliflower pizza crust yet?? LO would love squishing it all around the pan! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yumm. i will for surely be calling for that recipe! we seriously love anything cauliflower. i did try the crust. it was a HUUUGE hit! in fact, i'm going to make it for my grand mom one day next week for lunch. let me know if you guys try it! here is the link to the cauliflower crust: http://peacelovesippycups.blogspot.com/2013/01/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

      Delete